Bennett Running Out Of Friends

justagrannynow 1 Today at 5:36 pm
It is fairly common knowledge on the forums that for the past 20+ years I have been spending the winter months on the Algarve. During that time I have built up a pretty large group of friends of various nationalities. Coincidentally, one of my Portuguese friends also knows Gonçalo Amaral personally. She lives nearby and their children go to the same schools. When I became concerned about this Awareness Day project I contacted my friend who knew nothing about it but decided to see Gonçalo Amaral to make sure he knew about it too. In order that they would have some idea of what is going on I sent my friend the link to this forum. Today I received this e mail. I am unwilling to disclose the identity of my friend as she is embarrassed by what is happening and does not wish to be associated with it. However, I am appealing to Tony Bennett and the Foundation to check out the contents of this e mail with Gonçalo Amaral and then, if they do wish to do something useful for him, to drop this project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Opal,

Thank you for that link.

I am somewhere between appaled and scared. Plus, as if everything else wasn't enough, Gonçalo's birthday is on the 2nd of October... They can't even get their dates right!

I personally think that paying Mr Bennett and his associates absolutely no attention is the best and safest thing that anyone with a sane mind can do.

I don't think there is anything that anyone can do to prevent Mr Bennett - or anyone else, for that matter - from doing
these things, so all that we can do is try to keep Gonçalo out of this situation. I know that he does not wish to be associated with Mr
Bennett, and that he has better things to do. It is extremely unfortunate that Mr Bennett does not realise how much he is actually
harming Gonçalo, who is trying to get his professional life back on track. To become a practising lawyer in Portugal, Gonçalo needs to be admitted by the Portuguese Bar, and any damages to a lawyer's image are considered as a handicap, and ultimately count in a negative way. Mr Bennett is effectively adding to these damages, by involving Gonçalo's image into this controversy, instead of contributing to an image of seriousness, of impartiality and of professionalism, which is what the Bar demands.


If you believe that somehow you can bring this message across without compromising your "source", then I am grateful. I trust you fully,
anyway.

Yours,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------




Oh dear Bennett, is that another too add to your list, will Havern ban her for questioning Saint Bennett?

No comments: