BENNETT'S SECRET POSTING ON HAVERN'S S(h)ITE ON THE SECRET MEMBERS BIT


Blacksmith and me: From the archive

Post  Tony Bennett on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm
In view of Blacksmith's several vitriolic atacks in me in recent weeks, notably in the past 2 days, I offer just a few snippets from my archive which may shed further light on him: I jpinmed


++++++++++++++++++++++

6 November 2008 

I joined the 3As Madeleine forum, despite having been mercilessly attacked on it by Brenda Ryan and others


13 November 2008

First and only communication ever received from 'blacksmith' (so far as I am aware). He wrote to me by 'pm' on 3As:

From: admin@the3arguidos.net
To: Tony Bennett 
Sent: Thursday, 13 November 2008, 12:37
Subject: New private message has arrived


Hello Tony Bennett,

You have received a new private message from "blacksmith" to your account
on "The 3 Arguidos" with the following subject:

Re: The McCanns & libel

You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:
http://www.the3arguidos.net/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

You have requested that you be notified on this event, remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile. 



January 2009 - An attack by Blacksmith


The Blacksmith Bureau: Battle is joined
By john blacksmith 


Bennett is an ideal target – anti-McCann, loud and self-righteous, an effective, if weird, self-publicist (he can be seen sitting owlishly behind McCann and the Coffin in the House of Commons hearings) and, most importantly, a serial loser who looks like he fell out of Monty... Goncalo Amaral, who led the police investigation, is due to speak to a conference next month in Nottingham organised by the Madeleine Foundation, which claims the missing girl was not abducted. ...The Blacksmith Bureau - http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.com/

11 January 2009

I received this e-mail from 'Majic'/a.k.a. Andy Griffin:

From: Andy Griffin [e-mail address snipped - T.B.] 
To: ANTHONY BENNETT 
Sent: Monday, 11 January 2010, 14:46
Subject: The Blacksmith Bureau

Mr Bennett

To make you aware that it appears that Blacksmith, Antony Sharples, over on his blog is attempting to convince his readers that there is no arrangement with Snr Amaral and the Foundation regardless of the news stories.

The link for his site is on mine under article heading "The Blacksmith Bureau debunked". A word of warning, though, Mr Sharples is a Brenda Ryan spokeshole and does make some unprofessional comments regarding many people including yourself.

Rgds,


Andy 


April 2009 - Blacksmith defends 'gestalt' 

By way of background, 'gestalt' was a prolific poster on 3As who purported to be a scientific expert on things like cadaver scent and DNA. He rubbished any forernsic evidence that might suggest that the McCanns had not told the whole truth about Madeleine's disappearance. A few of us took him on, including a poster known as '111' who probed 'gestalt's claims very effectively, as I recall.

All of a sudden, 'Blacksmith' appeared on the forum to defend 'gestalt'. He asked, for example:

blacksmith wrote:Why do gestalt's posts get up people's noses so much?


and here was my reply, on the forum

REPLY: I'm not sure if it's permitted under the rules of this forum to even answer that question, but in the hope that it is allowed, here are my personal answers: 

* An attitude that comes across as 'if I say it, you can take it from me that it's true

* Impatience with those who question his statements

* Only having worked in forensic toxicology 30 years ago and then only for one year

* Being unable to demonstrate up-to-date familiarity with the latest DNA techniques

* Using the word 'we' in one post raising a very definite suspicion that he has some kind of direct contact with the McCann investigation (coupled with an earlier admission that he was 'in contact' with the FSS - apologies however if I got that last bit wrong)

* A readiness to heap blame on Amaral and Carlos and exonerate the FSS when there are a great many reasons for examining very closely the FSS's surprising change of stance during August/September

* Failing to answer some reasonable questions put to him


10 July 2010 - A CMOMM member makes some observations re Blacksmith:

I received this on 10 July 2010

From: [name and e-mail address withheld - T.B.] 
To: ANTHONY BENNETT 
Sent: Saturday, 10 July 2010, 11:12
Subject: Sharples


"Tony

Thank you for posting that article this morning.

I have often reflected on the Blacksmith articles and my overriding feeling is that they are a subtle attempt to undermine the enthusiasm and confidence of McCann sceptics.

There is so much filler in the Blacksmith Blog, but what stood out for me was his view that Amaral's summary of the Jane Tanner / Murat 'identity parade' was a 'weak piece of evidence' - and his conclusion that the judge in the Lisbon High Court who decided not to lift the temporary book ban 'made the correct decision' etc etc

I might be wrong of course but I have seen how subtle people can be...I think he is a sham..."


January 2011 - Blacksmith on the attack once again

Here 'Blacksmith' makes reference to the day I attended the House of Commons to hear the evidence of Max Mosley, Dr Gerald McCann, Clarence Mitchell and Adam Tudor before the Culture Media and Sport Select Committee. On behalf of the Madeleine Foundation, I had submitted written evidence to the Select Committee so had a particular right to be there. These comments from 'Blacksmith' were despite vmy wearing a jacket and tie on this occasion:

"The Alice in Wonderland effect was enhanced by the sight of McCann being flanked on both sides by the unlovely, indeed grotesque, bookends of Adam Tudor Smith and Clarence Mitchell, while a tall balding tramp who had apparently wandered in from the street sat behind all three, alternately fixing them with a crazed stare or scribbling on a dog-eared notepad, perhaps drawing pictures for his own pleasure of a skimpily dressed Madeleine..." [yes, that really is 'Blacksmith' referring to me]


Blacksmith today, 18 December 2012

"...the central characters [in the Madeleine McCann case] might, I repeat, be innocent of any wrong-doing. A large number, not to be mocked, surely, have pulled out of any study or comment on the case for precisely that reason..."

"The one [issue that Bennett discusses] that I find most disgusting is the way he returns time after time, vulture-like, to sink his dirty beak into the totally blameless Robert Murat, picking out the juicy bits from the police evidence, this time like a drooling old man with binoculars trained on his neighbour's lavatory, to hint, or suggest, or claim or assert, or thrill, that Murat is involved in the disappearance of Madeline McCann. Excuse me.[Reaches for napkin to vomit into]".

+++++++++++++++++

In the last two days, I have read so many - and very deliberate - unthruths about me written by 'Blacksmith' that I would need ages to respond.

However, one particular lie that he has both repeated and knows to be wrong (and therefore posts with malicious intent) is the entirely false claim that I co-operated in any way, shape or form, with Steve Marsden ('Stevo') creating a bogus 'Mike Gunnill' website. Without further ado, I reproduce in full the e-mail I sent him [Stevo] immediately I discovered he had set up this blog:


27 August 2009 - Tony Bennett to Steve Marsden re fake Gunnill website


Dear Steve

I am just catching up with these developments about Mike Gunnill.

I am very concerned and it seems that the following have happened:

1) You have set up a website purporting to be that of Mike Gunnill. As yet, by the way, I have not been able to see this

2) You have done this without consulting us in advance. Whilst no doubt you did this as a personal initiative, and we can understand why you have done it, nevertheless you are the Madeleine Foundation webmaster and to the world it will look as though the website you have set up is the work of the Madeleine Foundation when it is not 

3) The website you have set up looks like it may have adversely affected Mike Gunnill's business. Debbie and I have no wish whatsoever that this should happen. If he has breached the Press Complaints Commission code, that may be one thing, and wil be dealt with according to procedures. Debbie Butler and I do not want to do anything which might affect his trade

4) Mike Gunnill has seen fit to make a report against The Madeleine Foundation to the National Union of Journali sts. If he has, I shall need to take up further time in addressing that issue and making clear to the NUJ that your actions were without the consent of The Madeleine Foundation

5) Your action could well compromise our complaint against the Sunday Express which Debbie and I very much want to succeed. Your conduct in creating this website will inevitably be referred to in any P.C.C. judgment when we want the P.C.C. to issue a clear judgment against the Sunday Express. Your action looks like a revenge action and could be regarded as vindictive. We want to use the proper procedures, not tactics which could be interpreted as malicious.

6) Your action could result in legal action against yourself or The Madeleine Foundation.

AS A RESULT OF THE ABOVE, WE ASK:

1. You close the website you have set up purporting to be that of Mike Gunnill

2. Please amend immediately the web-page you have set up headed: 'Mike Gunnill Complains about a website'. Please remove everything - except you can keep the section 'Tony Bennett's complaint about Mike Gunnill'. This should be re-worded: 'Debbie Butler's complaint about Mike Gunnill' and should include the following statement:

"Mike Gunnill has contacted The Madeleine Foundation to say that he disputes certain matters referred to in the complaint; in particular he denies using the words attributed to him".

3. Please confim in writing that you will only place matters on our website with our prior approval. Our relationship has worked very well so far and we are grateful for what you have done. There may be much more work to be done on the site in the weeks and months to come and we do not wish to be diverted and surprised in this way by actions you take which could adversely affect the work and reputation of The Madeleine Foundation. I have had to take time out to deal wth this and do not want to spend any more time on it as we have other priorities as you know. We don't want to see material appearing on our website without our prior approval

4. I will have to make a report on this to Mike Gunnill and the P.C.C. It will be obvious that the creation of the alternative Mike Gunnill website was your work and it will no doubt be known or become known that you are our webmaster. I will explain to them that the setting up of this website was without our prior approval or even knowledge and I will also have to tell them that we have asked you to take it down.

Please confirm ASAP that you will take the action we require and please work in harmony with us to develop the work of The Madeleine Foundation still further by working to our direction.

Thanks Steve

Tony

No comments: